Q-Smart fingerprint door handle is an electronic door lock that runs on battery power. No wiring is necessary. This is a completely keyless entry system – no need for keys or PIN codes. Set up personal preferences for the whole household.
The handle operates in 3 ways:
- Fingerprint scanner
- Key-card (IC card proximity reader)
- Smartphone app
The first method is fingerprint recognition with a large reader pad, concealed under a hinged tab to keep it dry. The second is a proximity fob (IC card) that communicates with a reader built into the handle. And the third is via the app, allowing a user to use their mobile phone as a key.
The main user can send permanent or temporary timed keys to another person via the smart phone app. Eliminating the need for cutting extra sets of keys or leaving them in ‘safe’ place’! The app retains a log of operations, providing visitor management records.
No mains wiring is needed as the Q-Smart is powered by 4 x AA batteries. When the batteries start to run low a warning is sent to the app and as a voice command on the handle itself. However, if the batteries are allowed to go completely flat, temporary power can be provided by a micro-USB power source. This should give you enough emergency power to get back into the property again!
This smart lock could be the first step on the ‘smart home’ ladder. Home automation adds convenience, as well as value to your property. Q-Smart has been fully tested by the BSI and certified to ETSI TS103 645 (CYBER; Cyber Security for Consumer Internet of Things).
This product is designed to work with Lift Lever – 92mm PZ* locking systems only – If your existing lock isn’t 92mm PZ* we can supply a lock upgrade which the Q-Smart Handle will work with. Similarly, if your existing door lock isn’t lift lever we can install an alternative product. Please contact us for more options.
*The PZ size is the distance between the Euro Cylinder and the Spindle (see the diagram in the FAQs tab on this page).
- Keyless door entry
- Fingerprint entry door lock
- Powered by 4 x AA batteries
- Long battery life (6-8 months)
- Vocal commands inform the user when door is locked, unlocked & when the battery is running low
- Easy installation: designed to be DIY friendly
- Fully waterproof: several layer plating offers excellent corrosion resistance
- Tested by the BSI and certified to ETSI TS103 645 standards (Cyber Security for Consumer Internet of Things)
- App download available from Google Play and Apple App Store
- Simple to use